This course, Microsoft SharePoint 2007 for Administrators, teaches you the principles and practices of how to deploy, manage, and maintain SharePoint. It takes you through each phase of a deployment as you plan, install, rollout, and support SharePoint in the real world. Training is a virtual, live, instructor-led course, complete with exercises, colleague collaboration, and one-on-one interaction with the instructor through over-the-phone conferencing, chat, screen-sharing, and whiteboard.
By the end of the class students will be able to:
- Plan server topology.
- Install and configure WSS and MOSS servers.
- Upgrade from WSS 2.0 to 3.0.
- Monitor the server to detect problems early.
- Configure authentication.
- Secure external access with SSL.
- Set up SharePoint security and permissions.
- Control site settings through the Central Administration web site.
- Control site settings through the stsadm command line.
- Backup and restore SharePoint data.
- Customize the overall site appearance through branding.
- Set up network infrastructure (DNS/AD/IIS) to support SharePoint.
- Manage MOSS My Sites, import profiles, and other shared services.
- Create and apply site quotas.
This course assumes that students are familiar with IT concepts such as data backup, Windows 2003 administration, and general networking infrastructure. Students should be comfortable working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) 5.0 or higher along with building and configuring Web sites. It is helpful if students have a working knowledge of creating user accounts and groups in Microsoft Active Directory.
- Installing the Practice Files
- About the Author
- Administration Basics
- Writing a Deployment Plan
- Determining Software Requirements
- Determining Hardware Requirements
- Planning Network Configuration
- Gathering Required Prerequisites
- Understanding Install Options
- Install 1: A Standalone Server
- Install 2: A Small Farm
- Install 3: A Medium Farm
- Considerations for Large Farms
- Upgrading from WSS 2.0
Configuring the Server
- Emailing, Logging, and Search
- MOSS Services
- Creating Web Applications
- Creating and Configuring a MOSS SSP
- Enabling Search for PDF's
- Pre-Rollout Activities
- Verifying Client Software
- Changing Client Settings
- Setting Security
- Providing Minimal Branding
- Creating Department Sites
- Setting Up My Sites
- Identifying Site Owners
- Review and Testing
- Setting Up My Sites (MOSS)
- Training Employees
- Monitoring the Server
- Defining Your Role
- Backing Up and Restoring
- Managing Templates
- Managing Site Quotas
- Creating Site Collections
Managing the Server
- Deploying Features
- Managing Features
- Removing Solutions
- Using STSADM
Configuring External Access
- Planning External Access
- Enabling Internet Access
- Setting Up SSL
- Deploying Forms-Based Authentication