In this course, you'll learn about the portal features found in Microsoft Office SharePoint Server's Standard and Enterprise versions, MOSS. After completing this course, you'll have a good understanding of the standard MOSS collaboration portal features including collaboration portals, user profiles, search, and information management policies, as well as the enterprise features including business data catalog, InfoPath forms services and Excel Services.
By the end of the class students will be able to:
- Use the collaboration portal site template as a starting point for custom portals.
- Leverage user profiles to promote social networking in an enterprise.
- Access and use data in external line of business databases and services.
- Use InfoPath Forms Services and Form Libraries to collect and manage information.
- Develop with Excel Services and create reporting dashboards.
- Create custom search sites and optimize search user interfaces.
- Use the search API's to define content sources and scopes.
- Use the search API's to perform search queries.
- Use and customize Information Management Policies and Records repositories to implement document management solutions.
This course stands on its own, but focuses solely on MOSS. It is not required, but to get the most out of this class, students should already have an understanding of developing with Windows SharePoint Services using Visual Studio and the core Microsoft SharePoint Server 2007 Web Content Management features.
- Creating and Configuring Collaboration Portals
- Site Hierarchy and Site Directories
- Features in the Collaboration Portal
- Shared Services Providers
Personalization and My Sites
- Configuring My Sites
- User Profiles
- Audience Targeting
Business Data Catalog
- Configuring the BDC
- Connecting to External Databases
- Connecting to Web Services
- Using the BDC Web Parts
Office Forms Services
- Introduction to InfoPath
- Using Form Libraries
- Office 2007 Document Information Panels
- Configuring Excel Services
- Using the Calculation Engine
- Using the Excel Web Parts
- Key Performance Indicators
- Report Center
Customizing Search Center
- Search Center Lite
- Search Center with Tabs
- Search Web Parts
- Search Scopes
- Usage Reporting and Keyword Optimization
- Customizing Output with XSL
Programming with the Search API
- Connecting and Context
- Administrative Object Model
- Query Object Model
- Send to Locations
- Information Management Policies
- Records Repository