From brochures to books to advertisements, InDesign enables designers to import text, photographs and vector art, place them onto a page, and link multiple pages together for quick print and electronic distribution. During this live, instructor-led class, you will get an introduction where you will learn to take text and pictures and you put them all together to make files like postcards, brochures, flyers, and more!
Join us for a 90 minute training session where Adobe Certified instructor Penny LaLiberte will teach:
- Essential skills for page layout
- Create a print-ready brochure with images and text
- Place Photoshop files, Illustrator files and learn about vector images and frames.
- Create and apply master pages to multiple pages
- Discuss typography, styles and color
Preparing your document (brochure, newsletter, etc).
- Discuss document types, bleed areas, multi-pages, facing pages
- Use the Pages panel for multi-page documents
- Create a Master page
- Add footers and page numbers
Graphics, Text and Images
- Create text frames and graphics frames for layout
- Add graphics (Photoshop, Illustrator, EPS, JPG)
- Discuss the Links panel and linked and embedded files work
- Thread text throughout the multi-page document
Special Effects and Typography
- Add text and save character and paragraph styles
- Create vector artwork and add effects (drop shadows, bevels, etc.)
- Create pull quotes and use text wraps
- Create drop caps and Work with glyphs and ligatures
- Preflight check and package your document for PDF/print