Report expressions play a critical role in the efficiency, usability, user-interface and manageability of reports. It's essential that report developers, regardless of their role in the company learn how to design, code, test and insert appropriate code expressions in their reports.
Implementing Reporting Services Expressions
- Creating Internal and External Report Expressions
- Coding Report Expressions
- Working with the Expression Editor
- Managing Expressions in Calculated Fields and Data Queries
- Solving Typical Problems with Expressions
Sharing Managed Code Expressions
- Expression Code Reuse and Sharing Issues
- Creating Managed Assemblies for use in Report Expressions
- Integrating Business Intelligence and Visual Studio Projects
- Creating, Testing and Deploying Custom Managed DLLs
- Deploying Applications Containing Custom DLLs
Live Q & A Session - Have your specific questions answered during and after each session.
- Requirements: Students should have taken the Reporting Services Introduction course to have a basic understanding of Reporting Services technology. Students are expected to know how to create reports using Report Builder or the Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS) tool suites (any version).
- Setup: Each student receives a comprehensive set of instructions on how to download and install the necessary software including Visual Basic, SQL Server Advanced Services Edition and sample databases, code and examples. Also included are step-by-step laboratory manuals that contain additional instruction and exercises to challenge the student while the instructor is available to answer questions.