Stored procedures have been recognized by database administrators and developers as the most efficient mechanism to access and protect SQL Server databases. When written and executed correctly, these server-side blocks of code can significantly improve performance, security and developer efficiency.
Join us for a 75-minute training session where you and your colleagues will discover how to:
- Simplify application development by centralizing query and data-manipulation code
- Increase application performance through use of optimized stored procedure queries
- Recognize and eliminate typical stored procedure bottlenecks
- Measure and monitor application performance
Understanding Stored Procedure Architecture
- How stored procedures are compiled, optimized and executed by SQL Server.
- How to build performance into your applications and stored procedures.
- How to diagnose application performance problems.
Monitoring and Managing the SQL Server Procedure Cache
- Understanding the Procedure Cache.
- Recompiling versus using a cached query plan.
- Monitoring the Procedure Cache.
Executing Stored Procedures
- S Choosing the most efficient ADO.NET Command options.
- Fetching the stored procedure result sets and row sets efficiently.
- Managing multiple-resultset stored procedures.