This course provides existing .NET developers with practical information and labs that enables them to build solutions on the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 platform. The course is intended for professional developers who use Microsoft SharePoint 2010 in a team-based, medium-sized to large development environment. Members of the audience are experienced users of Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 SP1. The audience understands how to use the new features of SharePoint 2010 and Visual Studio 2010.
By the end of the class students will be able to:
- Describe the SharePoint 2010 development platform and the benefits and features that it offers to developers.
- Use development tools that are integrated with the SharePoint 2010 development platform, such as Visual Studio 2010 and SharePoint Designer 2010.
- Develop Web Parts for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop code that uses the server-side objects provided by the SharePoint 2010 development platform.
- Develop event receivers and manipulate application settings for SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- Develop solutions that access external data by using Business Connectivity Services.
- Develop workflows as part of SharePoint 2010 solutions.
- ...and many other skills as listed below.
Introduction to the SharePoint 2010 Development Platform & Developer Tools
- Lesson 1: SharePoint 2010 as a Development Platform
- Lesson 2: SharePoint 2010 Object Hierarchy
- Lesson 3: Working with SharePoint 2010 Objects
- Lesson 4: Developing SharePoint Sites by Using SharePoint Designer 2010
- Lesson 5: Developing SharePoint Solutions by Using Visual Studio 2010
- Lesson 6: Packaging and Deploying SharePoint 2010 Solutions
Developing SharePoint 2010 Web Parts & Working with SharePoint Objects on the Server
- Lesson 1: Developing Standard Web Parts
- Lesson 2: Developing Connected Web Parts
- Lesson 3: Developing Visual Web Parts
- Lesson 4: Working with SharePoint Sites Programmatically
- Lesson 5: Working with SharePoint Lists Programmatically
- Lesson 6: Working with List Data Programmatically
Creating Event Receivers and Application Settings & Developing Solutions by Using Business Connectivity Services
- Lesson 1: Creating Event Receivers
- Lesson 2: Working with Web.Config Programmatically
- Lesson 3: Business Connectivity Services Overview
- Lesson 4: Developing External Content Types and Lists by Using SharePoint Designer
- Lesson 5: Developing Business Connectivity Services Solutions by Using Visual Studio 201
Developing SharePoint 2010 & Working with Client-Based APIs for SharePoint 2010
- Lesson 1: Creating Workflows with SharePoint Designer
- Lesson 2: Creating Workflows with Visual Studio 2010
- Lesson 3: Overview of the SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model
- Lesson 4: Working with the SharePoint 2010 Client Object Model in .NET Applications
Developing Interactive User Interfaces & Developing Silverlight Applications for SharePoint
- Lesson 1: Creating Menu Items and Ribbon Controls
- Lesson 2: Creating Client-Side Dialogs
- Lesson 3: Creating Silverlight Applications for SharePoint 2010
- Lesson 4: Deploying and Debugging Silverlight Applications for SharePoint 2010
Developing Sandboxed Solutions & Working with SharePoint Server Profiles and Taxonomy APIs
- Lesson 1: Sandboxing and User Solutions
- Lesson 2: Restrictions for Sandboxed Solutions
- Lesson 1: User Profiles
- Lesson 2: Taxonomies
Developing Content Management Solutions
- Lesson 1: Developing Enterprise Content Management Solutions
- Lesson 2: Developing Web Content Management Solutions