This class will teach the concepts of using WordPress as a website and other various social media tools - whether you want a simple site or blog or complex content management system, you can have it all with WordPress. By integrating it with a simple social media plan, you can create a powerful vehicle to deliver your personal or business message.
By the end of the class students will be able to:
- Install WordPress as your content management system and learn to use it as a website.
- Install pre-built themes and plug-ins, build and customize elements of your own theme.
- Set up analytics, a subscriber system, and integrate with other Social Media Tools.
- Set up a Twitter and Facebook account.
- Integrate your social media accounts to your blog and vice versa.
- Learn how to measure and interpret your analytics.
- The Dashboard
- Writing your first Post - Keywords, Categories, etc.
- Writing your first Page
- Theming your blog/site
- Installing plugins & Basic settings
WordPress Behind the Scenes
- Users and Settings, Admins, Editors, and Subscribers
- Creating and Modifying a custom theme
- Creating and Modifying custom page templates
- Editing Plugins
WordPress Add-Ins and Toolkits
- Google Analytics
- YouTube/VideoBlogs/Audio Players
FTP, Domains, Webservers, How To Choose a Host, Analytics
- Bandwidth/Transfer Limits
- Create an account and fill out the information on your profile to maximum effect.
- Learn about Hashtags and how to ReTweet, DirectMessage, and converse en masse. Building lists.
- Build your network authentically.
- 3rd Party Tools
- Creating an account, building out your profile.
- Locking down your security settings.
- Groups, Events, Pages, etc.
- Applications and Integration of your other social media efforts.
- S Basic Measurements
- Adding them to your site
- Interpreting your site's analytics