This class will teach the basic concepts of using WordPress as a website - whether you want a simple site or blog or complex content management system, you can have it all with WordPress.
By the end of the class students will discover:
- How to get your WordPress site up & running today
- How to install pre-built themes and plug-ins
- Build and customize elements of your own theme
- Set up analytics, a subscriber system, and integrate with other Social Media Tools.
- The Dashboard
- Writing your first Post - Keywords, Categories, etc.
- Writing your first Page
- Theming your blog/site
- Installing plugins and Basic settings
- WordPress Behind the Scenes
Users and Settings, Admins, Editors, and Subscribers
- Creating and Modifying a custom theme
- Creating and Modifying custom page templates
- Editing Plugins
- Assignment Discussion
- Best Practices